Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many other Nova owners have experienced a sloppy door mirror, so have I. I didn't want to glue it, so I took a spring loaded center punch and dimpled the pivot ball and it's enough resistance to set the mirror while allowing it to stay imposition after repeated door closings.

1) Sit in your car and adjust your mirror accordingly
2) Use a sharpie to mark the ball where the edge of the mirror is in its adjusted position
3) pivot the mirror back at the top, revealing more of the ball
4) Hold the base of the mirror and use the spring loaded punch to dimple the ball toward the back of the car behind the sharpie line. You may require a second dimple as I did, I have them about a 1/4" apart. CAUTION Be careful not to slip while doing this.
5) Simply readjust the mirror and the dimple should be hidden, while adding some resistance to help the mirror retain its position.

Link to a spring loaded center punch for reference.
https://www.jumia.ug/a-general-hiamok-hss-center-punch-stator-automatic-pin-spring-loaded-marking-drilling-tool-pen-1115512.html

·
Registered
131 Posts
Interesting idea, I will give it a try on an old mirror I have and see how it works out. I guess it gives a little surface bit area for the mirror to grip on? Interesting idea, thanks for sharing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts