Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to go with manual steering on one of my 4th Gens, but all I have is a power steering gear box. I can get a manual gear box, but haven't found anywhere that offers the pitman arms, can't even find one used. Is it possible for me to hook up a reservoir for fluid transfer without installing the pump to achieve this without affecting the steering performance, or how will it be affected?

The reason is I have a 230 out of a 65 C-10 that I'm using in one of my 76's and would prefer to keep it manual rather than trying to fab some brackets and align everything, but can't really afford a manual gear box setup at $400. I'm thinking of it being more or less like having power steering and removing the belt, only without the pump in this case. I'm just wondering how I can go about it so I don't get line-lock, or do you think a vent tube on reservoir will be enough to prevent that? I've got some training and experience in hydraulics so I think it'll work as I've been putting a lot of thought into this.

Any ideas or suggestions?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts