Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kick myself when i see these pics but here goes.
What it looked like when i found it.

10 years of dust.

after about 4 months.

And yes i still look in peoples back yards,some day i"ll get shot.:eek:

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
I've posted these before, but, it always remind me of how much work this project really was.

This is my 64' when my cousin, Gary, had it back in the day. These pictures were from his wedding day in 1970.

This is when I picked it up in 2003. Gary stored the car beside a barn and in various cornfields for 30+ years. He blew the motor in 1971 and it sat until the day I got it.

The car was media blasted and was in various body shops for 2 years. This is of when the car was ready to paint.

I was told so many times, I would never get it finished.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Great pics sheldon...

By any chance do you have the trim that you deleted on the car??:)

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
Great pics sheldon...

By any chance do you have the trim that you deleted on the car??:)
I do not. All those pieces including the rocker trim are in Hawaii. Aloha!:cool:

·
Registered
562 Posts
this is my airplane hanger find. i got it from northern california, it was in an airplane hanger. it was used as a loner car. the airport let it sit for quite a while before i got it. the mice took over. its not as rare as some of yours but i love it

p.s. i took off the bumpers, it was 100% complete

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've posted these before, but, it always remind me of how much work this project really was.

This is my 64' when my cousin, Gary, had it back in the day. These pictures were from his wedding day in 1970.

This is when I picked it up in 2003. Gary stored the car beside a barn and in various cornfields for 30+ years. He blew the motor in 1971 and it sat until the day I got it.

The car was media blasted and was in various body shops for 2 years. This is of when the car was ready to paint.

I was told so many times, I would never get it finished.
Man thats alot of work. she look s beautifull.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
this is my airplane hanger find. i got it from northern california, it was in an airplane hanger. it was used as a loner car. the airport let it sit for quite a while before i got it. the mice took over. its not as rare as some of yours but i love it

p.s. i took off the bumpers, it was 100% complete

[/QUOTE
That reminds me of my best freinds car that was given by his grandma,grocery getter to street sleeper.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I'm trying to find ricki's avatar pic in a barn for dirt cheap:devil: Talk about a dream, 3/8 mile racing, oh yeah!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I actually got this one out of a Hangar also.

This 74 is complete (interior, A/C, everything) it has the I6 with 3 on the tree.
Start looking in those airplane hangars!

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
sat in a side yard in Hercules California for 11 years before I bought it. I wish I had some pictures of it parked in the side yard.

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
Most of the time they would rather watch them rust away than let someone else have them. Looks like a great find.

·
Registered
355 Posts
It's unbelievable how many cars are just sitting around.. I know where tons of neat stuff is near my house, I need to start checking it out. Not a nova, but when hanging out at a friend's house a couple weeks ago, I spotted this mustang convertible sitting next to his neighbor's barn. The car appeared complete and the door panels were in the back seat.

Also spotted this 69 parked next to a repair shop in my town, I stopped by, checked it out, called and was told it was not for sale. :( It appeared 100% original, V-8/auto, AC, 70k miles, pretty sure it was even original paint.

Also found this a few weeks back.. 71 VW bus

·
Registered
562 Posts

This 74 is complete (interior, A/C, everything) it has the I6 with 3 on the tree.
nice find... i love the larger side window makes them look similar to a chevelle. were did you get yours?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

cool find,colors kind a well, cool find.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sat in a side yard in Hercules California for 11 years before I bought it. I wish I had some pictures of it parked in the side yard.

Was it empty like that?
This may sound wierd but does anyone like the smell of the old novas or is it just me. OK thought about it for awhile dont reply on that.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's unbelievable how many cars are just sitting around.. I know where tons of neat stuff is near my house, I need to start checking it out. Not a nova, but when hanging out at a friend's house a couple weeks ago, I spotted this mustang convertible sitting next to his neighbor's barn. The car appeared complete and the door panels were in the back seat.

Also spotted this 69 parked next to a repair shop in my town, I stopped by, checked it out, called and was told it was not for sale. :( It appeared 100% original, V-8/auto, AC, 70k miles, pretty sure it was even original paint.

Also found this a few weeks back.. 71 VW bus
Ya im looking ALL THE TIME and yep they would rather let them rust than sell them to us.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
checked it out, called and was told it was not for sale. :( It appeared 100% original, V-8/auto, AC, 70k miles, pretty sure it was even original paint.

wow, i wish i had this nova that you spotted! id love to keep it stock just they way it is! if he sells let me know :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts