Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to do something trick on my CAI for my 67 LS swap.. lets see what you have?

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
I will be watching this one:D I want to get cool air but not sure what is the best plan.Spectre make some interesting looking parts but I do not know of the quality

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok keep em coming fellas.. I'd like to get a dual CAI but not sure if I can due to the upper radiator hose. :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,578 Posts
If you read up on the duals from Spectre, since there's no room for the MAF to go on the TB to read both air tubes combined flow they need to be speed density tuned.

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
I was aware of that:eek:Hoping someone will figure out how to make it work with a MAF:D

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you read up on the duals from Spectre, since there's no room for the MAF to go on the TB to read both air tubes combined flow they need to be speed density tuned.
why couldn't you just put the MAF where they both meet? I'll have to get a custom tune anyways so the tuning is a non issue for me.

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
From what I understand the MAF should be away from the throttle plates so reversion does not effect its readings.On the other end the inlet to the MAF should be straight into the MAF a minimum of 3 inches,air needs to go straight into the MAF for best performance/consistancy.I See so many people doing things taht are not supposed to work and swear that they have no issues.I just want to do my intake once and right the first time.:eek:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rick,

Sorry for the name change! lol.. I wonder if there is a way to mount that MAF in the inner fender so when you look at the CAI you only see metal tubbing? Also it that radiator a CBR?

·
Registered
1963 Nova coupe, Phoenix Arizona
2,006 Posts
Rick,

Sorry for the name change! lol.. I wonder if there is a way to mount that MAF in the inner fender so when you look at the CAI you only see metal tubbing? Also it that radiator a CBR?
I suppose you could, but I don't know if that would be too far away from the throttle body ? It's a Summit radiator that we modified to a dual pass and I made the shroud with dual 12" Spal fans.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts