Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pops gave me this rear end with my 74, saying it was a 9 inch ford. Came back from deployment and now want to to start working on her. Well did some homework and come to find out that its a mopar 8 3/4 rear end. Anyone know anything about this rear piece, should i just fix up the diff thats in it right now or should i look for a 9 inch? Want 373 gears just to handle 500hp.
Thank you

·
Registered
496 Posts
guy i know just sold his nova that he had that rear in...... it withstood a ton of hard hooks on the street from a hairy big block with some big shots of spray.....tough rear indeed!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
You might want to check the codes on that rearend and find out exactly what mopar it is out of- could be a valuable rearend if it's geared well and out of a performance mopar. The resale may pay for the purchase of a new 9" assembly or get you part way there. I've got a really nice 4.10 code Eaton 12 bolt under my 72 that was originally out of a 69 Camaro or Nova that will be going up for sale to somebody that needs it for their restoration project- I figure there's no sense in scattering or modifying that nice 12 bolt assembly when they're getting so hard to find and a Dana60 won't cost me much to build and should hold up much better to the beatings it'll recieve.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

thanks for the info. from what i had found, the numbers were 2881489, 276. all i could find was that it was used in high weight/medium horsepower applications through high weight/high horsepower applications. and how much do are you going to be selling the 12 bolt for

1 - 6 of 6 Posts