Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i get my car painted after the repairs, should i have the rad support and inner fenders painted body color or should i have them painted satin black like they have always been?

I'm not sure if i'm going to have the firewall painted body color or not when i smooth it, but if i do paint the inner fenders body color then the firewall will have to be painted body color to match.

Also, do you guys think painting the rad support body color is too much of a show car look or would it look good to look through the grill and see the blue support and silver from the aluminum radiator?

I've never been a fan of cars that have the rad support painted body color such as yellow or something because of the way it looks when you look through the grill but maybe it will look ok with my color, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
could the guys that have everything painted body color post up some pics?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Painted engine compartment

I had the engine compartment painted and all I can say is I would do it on every restoration. Here are a few pics. Good Luck

·
Registered
768 Posts
I have to say the same thing. I would highly recommend painting it the same color as the body. It just makes for a cleaner look. Here's a pic of what mine looked like when it was together;

I'm currently in the process of getting all of the holes shaved firewall smoothed, removing my heater core, wiper motor, pulling my frame to paint it, completely re-doing the suspension and dropping a BBC in there. I'm going to have everything in the engine bay re-painted the same color as the body and with the color of your car I think if you did that it would look EXTREMELY nice!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
These look really good, and the yellow looks great especially with the front of the support painted black oh and your spoiler looks awesome. I'm not a fan of the cpp nova seeing through the grill and seeing yellow, you can barely see the grill.

Still not sure though, i kind of like russ' idea to paint the firewall body color and the rest black, maybe a semi-gloss instead of a satin black.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
When I bought the car,,, I wanted to paint the fender wells black,,, but I'm to lazy to take it apart... Oh,, the spoiler is from a 69' Camaro....

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Nice,,,, They look just about like my plastic Camaro spioler. I looked at those before I got this one,, it was free so I couldnt resist....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts