Chevy Nova Forum banner

Should I color match the frame & control arms to the body, or re-paint chassis black?

• color match to body / engine bay would look slick with everything shaved.

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • go with the original chassis black, would be to much red.

Votes: 21 80.8%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I've got a completely empty engine bay I'm starting to think ahead to getting the engine bay repainted and shaved. I'm trying to decided if I should have the frame and control arms painted red like the rest of the engine bay/car. The entire engine bay will be shaved and have the same color as the body of the car. I'm just debating on if I should have them shoot the frame / control arms / motor mounts, or just re paint everything in the chassis black. I kinda think it will be to much red if I have them do the frame as well but I'm just trying to get all of the opinions that I can right now.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Unless you're going to really smooth the frame out, I prefer the contrast with black, if you want, go with gloss black it will be different and still pop without just blending in.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like I'm going with black. I've only got a total of 5 people tell me that the red would be the way to go, and I quite counting after I had 10 people tell me to go with the chassis black.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to order some POR-15 chassis black when I get home from work and finish cleaning everything up this weekend. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Stick with Black!

I have a 71 that I got a deal on a few months back and it is yellow. I have just started tearing everything out because the yellow subframe and control arms and even the radiator was yellow. It looks crazy coming down the road! Its driving me nuts! I think that the contrast of black and color would be nicer. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'm tellin ya, midnight blue. Close enough to black, that most peeps won't notice the difference, but I PROMISE you that you'll get compliments on it. Especially if you add a touch of metal flake.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Unless your car is a streetrod or a showcar I wouldnt paint the frame bodycolor. Every time you want to work on the car you have a opportunity to scratch, chip, get gas on it and ruin it. Also the amount of prep time to do it right is huge. Not worth it IMO and I also like the look of a stock black frame.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts