Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of finishing up my 142 weiand install and need some opinions, shotgun scoop or this velocity stack style? It's not fitting under the hood so these are what I'm deciding between. Have the shotgun scoop already but that's no biggie as I'd just re list it. Pics are of my car and scoop options. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,658 Posts
My vote is for the shotgun scoop - leave the finished as is.

I think the velocity stacks would have looked better if you were running a dual carb set-up with 2 sets of the stacks.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree on the finish also, really like how the hydro dip turned out. I will have to lose the ss hood louvers however with the hilborn style I'd be able to keep them. I'm really torn to be honest.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
so i'm guessing you'll have to cut a hole in the hood to make it all fit. i'd salt that hood an look for a different hood to cut. i wouldnt think there would be alot of those nice 68 hoods around.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the front is not orginal. The front tilts, all steel. Was done before I bought it. Door handles are shaved, custom gauges etc. appear pretty stock but isn't so that's why I don't mind making modifications to make it my own, for the fact it is not orginal and it's a car I'll keep till it's time for a dirt nap.

Attachments

·
14,589 Posts
I don't particularly like either one but out of the two I would take the shotgun. I also agree on not cutting up the hood that is on there now.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like it's time to remove the louvers, plug weld the holes shut, then cut a big one! *shotgun*! Can anyone photoshop that for me? First pic of my carb with the scoop sneaking out like this as it won't be way out. But will be more than this pic

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Because my whole front end is tilt that's all welded together as stated earlier. Hood is welded to fenders and fenders cut to fit.

Attachments

·
14,589 Posts
Because my whole front end is tilt that's all welded together as stated earlier. Hood is welded to fenders and fenders cut to fit.
ok, makes sense now I guess I missed the whole thing was welded together. I have seen some tilt front ends that were not totally welded together.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea no problem. Actually all the front tilts I've seen were always fiberglass. The guy I bought this from years ago had it custom built. Does make it easier to work on the engine tho.

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,658 Posts
Looks like it's time to remove the louvers, plug weld the holes shut, then cut a big one! *shotgun*! Can anyone photoshop that for me?
I did the best I could with the images that were attached to your earlier posts. I hope this helps.
x car+lower scoop.jpg

1 - 20 of 22 Posts