Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell me about them!

The other day I dropped by a Muffler shop and one of the shop guys recommended ¨shorty¨ headers for my 305.

How are ¨shorty¨ Headers?

Do they get as Hot?

How much performance boost difference is their to regular headers?

Do they create their own sound?

thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
The other day I dropped by a Muffler shop and one of the shop guys recommended ¨shorty¨ headers for my 305.
Cheap and easy money for HIM!

Tell me about them!
shorty headers are a problem solver trick.... when you cant git anything else to fit..

I dont know him personally, but with a name like Shorty:D well you know:eek:

Do they get as Hot?
as hot as what? the sun? No, as hot as the cast iron manifold on you car now? yes.. do they cool down quick? yes, but so does any other header

Performance gains? minimal.. ya want performance get a set of full length runner headers..

Not with out the engine running,,, I mean Ho yeah sure you could bang on them with a wrench to get wind chime tones....:D

there again a full length header is what you looking for....

In short:D, Shorty headers were made to fit a engine in a chassis where no header was available for the swap

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Tell me about them!

Do they get as Hot?

thanks.
In my opinion, they're a short-cut that you will pay for over time.:yes:

Yes they get just as hot as long tubes with one difference.....the collectors get quite a bit hotter and have a tendency to torch collector gaskets.:rolleyes:

Power-wise....not much difference.:no:

No real sound difference.:no:

·
Registered
482 Posts
hey is what I have noticed. they work in tight places, make more heat under the hood, make more noise. I think they are for low end torque.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts