Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
4,534 Posts
I know bosch or bosh or what ever they are makes some as well, I use accell.

Miles

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Champion makes them as well in various heat ranges. I run them in all my stuff. RM

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You need 3/4" reach? Tapered seat or washer seal?
I need washer seal. I installed a new TCI clip with the S+S 1 3/4" headers. Two inside plugs are pretty close to the tubes.:rolleyes: I am using AFR straight plug heads... probably would have worked better with angle plug heads but not switching now!
Tg

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Thanks for some tips, I realy hit problems with my build. a 350" engine ina -67 Nova, Should´nt be anny problem or??

Got a fair price on a NEW set of heads in early -90 it is the Dart sportsmen II heads with 64cc and Ange plug loaktion, didn think much on that in those days

So time for headers and I chosed the Hooker Super comp chassie model 2122

It didnt say annything on NOT fitting the angle plug heads when I bought these.

Time to asembly the engine (midd -2005-07) i discover that the header fange is for SAP heads and my heads are square formed. ( I check all part whell dont I ?? :D ) Peace of cake I got some new fange and did a flange change and worked pretty whell did it even thicker than hooker made them and got losts of room around engine and chassie did alot more work on the headers besides coating did the 4-2-1 collector swap too

But the other day I tryed to fitt the pluggs in ( had checed a couple before but not all ) And it is alost sertan that the nr#3 cylinder plugg is gona hit the pipe to cyliner #1, I will NOT rebuild the header once more, and if possible I will avoid denting the pipe, I´ll at first try the shorty pluggs but scanning the "net" have givven some bouth good/bad revies on all those shorty pluggs.

Anny here that experienced same problem??

How did U solve this??

Regards Anders. also on Face book

http://www.facebook.com/anders.nova.forsberg

·
Registered
682 Posts
I´ll at first try the shorty pluggs but scanning the "net" have givven some bouth good/bad revies on all those shorty pluggs.
Not sure what the "bad" reviews would be. I've been using the Accel shorty plugs for years in my '71. I used to use the standard AC Delco plugs, but then I went with new wires that put the plug boot in slight contact with the header tube on cylinders 1 & 2. So I switched to the Accel shorties, and saw absolutely zero difference in how the engine ran/performed/etc., only difference was that I stopped burning plug boots, which was the only reason I switched in the first place. No bad review here. :)

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I'be been using NGK 3522's. They are short enough to fit the Hooker Comp headers on my car but not as expensive as the Accels.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Thanks for Ur answer, I borrowed a accel short plugg from a friend and he used to run them with no problems ina turbo aplikation so it seems they are good AND manufakored by NGK :D

All pipes klears the plugg with the short style, even cyl # 3 to pipe #1 I am going to have to dent it alithle to klear the boot, but it will be a very small dent so no big issue there.

I will check out the NGK 3522

·
Registered
759 Posts
If need be you can always combine them with Accel's ceramic boot plug wires... the boots are very compact, so you gain a little more room over a standard plug wire, plus you don't have to worry about them burning even if they are directly against the header.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts