Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1963 nova with a newly installed 10 bolt camaro rearend and multi leaf spring.the problem is my shocks are almost fully extended and bottoms out easily.the only thing different is the added springs and rearend i used my old spring perches .please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
The camaro rear end is gonna be problems ahead because it is wider than 64-67 nova stock ten bolts meaning you are gonna have a hard time running bigger tires which may be why you are running leaf springs to get the car up off the tires?the first gen camaros and novas used mono leafs with lots of sucess. ten bolt 64-67 nova rear ends are usually under $200 bucks and would be a better choice

AND Pictures and more information on how you are gonna use this car would help people help you

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
new kid

The camaro rear end is gonna be problems ahead because it is wider than 64-67 nova stock ten bolts meaning you are gonna have a hard time running bigger tires which may be why you are running leaf springs to get the car up off the tires?the first gen camaros and novas used mono leafs with lots of sucess. ten bolt 64-67 nova rear ends are usually under $200 bucks and would be a better choice

AND Pictures and more information on how you are gonna use this car would help people help you
thanks deuce,it has a six cyl. in it right now but i am plan on putting a beefy 350 in it when i get the rest straightened out.mainly a restoration,and all street.thanks again.by the way ..can i ask you more questins as im sure more problems arise? this is all new to me.i gotta get some pics downloaded.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
This post and you need to post in the correct forum also the mods will prob move this to chassis and suspension area. Theres A wealth of info. here and dont miss the best of sections do a lot of reading and searching and feel free to ask questons we are all still learn in

1 - 4 of 4 Posts