The Original 307

The Crate Motor Swap

The Empty Engine Compartment

The Rally's

The B&M

Year: 1972

Model: Nova (Original 307 w/ a/c car)

Engine: GM Goodwrench 350ci/350hp crate motor, HEI

Body/Exterior: Far from where it needs to be lol...Bare Naked Hood, Richard Petty Blue (what one would call paint), oh and can't forget the minor rust :D

Front End: Right Stuff, Disc Brake Conversion, and Polyurethane/Rubber Combo Suspension Kit

Transmission: TH350

Rear End: 2.73 Highway Flyin Gears!! :ragtop:

Exhaust: Flowmaster dual dumps

Wheels/Tires: 1968 Rally Wheels, 14 inch front/rear

Interior: Lil bit of everything...73 door panels, Bucket seats from an 02 Dodge Intrepid, Color: black and grey.

Electrical: HEI Accel Dist, Plugs, Wires, Super Coil

Accessories/Options: Yeah...not so much lol

Sound system: Sitting in the corner of the garage.

Additional Comments: I will continue with pics as further work is completed.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update

So since EVERYONE loves pics I figured I'd give a little update...

Ordered a new front suspension for the car, at the same time figured I might as well knock out the disc brake conversion at the same time...:woot:

Here's some of the work in progress: I haven't got the finalized pics uploaded yet, gimme a cpl days and we'll have the final pics posted..

The Before: :beat:

The During: :thumbsup:

The after: oh ya we lowered her 1.5 inches too :drool:

I will have some after pics in just a few, thanks for following everyone. The brakes are 99% complete, the body bushings are installed, the front suspension is swapped, all new shocks, the donor motor is in, rebuilt tranny check, and she's just about ready to roll!!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a bunch!! Got some great pictures today too, I'll be uploading tomorrow. Bled the brake system, installed new chrome diff cover (it was lying around figured why not lol, and la piece de resistance.....FIRED UP THE CRATE MOTOR.....whoo!!! O happy day, how beautiful she sounded!!! Still some minor tuning to be had, but boy oh boy does that cam make a nice rumble (the open headers didn't hurt either) :bounce:

I was flipping ecstatic...woke up both the neighbors kids :awkward:
One whom was sick:(

But me...I couldn't have been happier!!!

Continue my updates tomorrow...night all!

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
Nice ride :cool pics: good luck on the rest of your project. :yes:
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys...so Saturday was a pretty enevtful day for me. My neighbor helped me rebuild the Edelbrock 1406 which we found was worse than expected. The primaries and the little ball directly underneath were literally corroded closed (hence the horrible throttle response). We also found that in one of the secondaries there was a Brass Shaving (I'm assuming from the factory) that was stuck in the jet. How unbelievable is that?!? And just to tell you how horrible this gas is now a days, the carb was installed on the donor motor back in February, was driven everyday up till it's month stint of sitting in the yard, and the bowls were already gummed up. How horrible!!

So, after that the car ran like it was a whoooole new demon. 5 grand was NO problem, the car screamed like there was no tomorrow and I couldn't be happier.

Reference to the spongy Disc Brakes I just converted too...I found out that the Cam is so radical that is does not provide enough Vacuum Pressure to the booster to keep a sustained amount of vacuum available. A Summit Vacuum canister was installed and with all hopes that takes care of that!!

That's about it guys, hope all is well out there. More updates as further projects are completed :D

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update

Annnnnnd...to top off that new rebuilt carb, and keep her nice and clean inside, I thought a K & N was fitting. I dunno what it is about that red filter in a chrome air cleaner housing, but it really does just finish off an engine :thumbsup:

Wish I had more for you guys but I'm in class all this week so unfortunately work is going to be put on hold for a little. Everyone have a good one!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey guys, so alot has happened since my last update. Worked on the interior a little. Installed a new torque converter. Got the new motor purring like a kitten, and started the body work. Found ALOT of rust, and have slowly been working through it :). I uploaded like 50 pics to photobucket so I'll put the best ones up in a series of interior, rust, bodywork...

Some interior pieces...

All has gone from white to black, not too shabby for my first go at it.

1 - 20 of 222 Posts