Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was eyeballing my car awhile ago. The front fender mounting holes dont line up on the clip at all. So I took it apart. There were no shims... Where can I get these at???? Anyone???

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
They are easily made. If you really want originals pm me your address and I will give you the ones I just pulled out of my 66 for shipping cost.
Tg

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Which shims are you talking about, the ones at the top of the fender, the bottom of the fender, or, where the fender meets the inner wheel tub?

If it is the top, get a piece of cardboard and trace out the pattern. Then transfer that to the thickness you need on a piece of metal from oneof you local shops.

If its the bottom, I am pretty sure any body shop would have them or, even the local auto parts counter.

Dan

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I should have been more clear. I'm talking about the shims where the whole front clip mate to the car body itself. Top and bottom. Is this what you have Tom?

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Sorry I should have been more clear. I'm talking about the shims where the whole front clip mate to the car body itself. Top and bottom. Is this what you have Tom?
Yep, thats what I thought you were talking about. I just installed a new front clip and used the ones that came with the kit. I have all my originals left over.
Tg

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Can't you use some front end alighnment shims? I've used them in the past for alighning fenders. RM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts