Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

It appears that I need to close about a 1/2 inch, by shimming the hood hinge bracket at the firewall. What would be best to use to shim this 1/2 inch at the firewall and where would I find such shim material? Thanks for your assistance.

-Ed

·
Vendor
1,433 Posts
Where are the fenders? Have the downbars already been adjusted to get the front end at the proper angle? What is holding up the front of the fender panel right now?

The firewall side of the hood hinge bracket is tightened down after all of the above are proper.

-J

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where are the fenders? Have the downbars already been adjusted to get the front end at the proper angle? What is holding up the front of the fender panel right now?

The firewall side of the hood hinge bracket is tightened down after all of the above are proper.

-J
Thanks for responding. The fenders are sitting behind the car...obviously not mounted. The inner fender well was mounted to the core support. I did mount the right fender and it's 1/2 inch off...or close to it. I think I figured out a way to shim the down bar to push the subframe down. Before I find out if it will work I have to get some longer bolts at the hardware store. Will do that tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I think I got the subframe squared away using a few shims on frame end of the downtubes, and attached the core support. I had to trim the back of the inner fenderwells just a little. At least for now, I decided to ignore the second hole from the firewall on that inner fenderwell bracket. Both fenders test-fitted as well as I think the factory had provided.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts