Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a pic of a shiftworks shifter mounted with out the consul on. For a 63
Thanks

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Here you go - the console takes a little trimming to get the shifter to line up right. I took a little to much off the front but lines up perfect with the console,

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the round one and going to half to modify or find one with the slot. Did you put the lower boot for the shifter? If not how are you sealing it.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Hard to see in the picture but there is a slotted black rubber piece that seals the opening in the console. I think I got mine from Modern Performance Classic. These consoles are not to hard to find and show up pretty often on ebay

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
things to know??

I'm about to swap my TH350 for a 700r4 and because of these posts (and pictures) along with others on the forum, I am going to order the Shiftworks shifter to go with it.

Can you guys share some of your experiences or hardships installing this shifter?
Is there anything you wish you knew before you started that would have made it easier?
How was the linkage to deal with?

I plan to use the stock SS Console, so any pointers you have related to mounting this shifter with that console would be greatly appreciated.

Also, can someone verify that this is the correct part? SW230-R22

Thanks,
Levi

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
SW230-R22 is the correct part number. I installed mine from the top which required some trimming of the tunnel. I like Jaynova's approach of installing from the bottom. Either way will work. The linkage was a piece of cake to hook up. No problems at all. The pre installed neutral safety and backup light switch was a nice touch. Very straight forward install.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. That is very encouraging news.

Since my tranny will be out anyway (before the swap), I should have plenty of space and will TRY to mount from underneath. Although, it appears you had plenty of space top-mounting, so we'll see how it goes. It all depends on what I have to work with on the trans. hump.

Honestly, I haven't even taken the seats and carpet out yet to see what's under there. I'm a little afraid to find out.
My car was a column shift car that was changed to floor shift by the previous owner. So if other odd things I've found done on the rest of the car is any indication, who knows what this guy did to the transmission hump to make space for that POS B&M shifter that's in there. I'm going to bet he just found the cheapest shifter on the planet and used sheet metal screws or superglue and duct tape to mount it to the floor!
I'll probably start a new thread once I get into it and show what I'm up against.

Thanks again!!
Levi

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
I am very happy with mine, and I wanted to keep the console as is. I ran my wires under the car fully shrink wrapped and thru the firewall. Easy install.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts