Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for some feed back on what shifters you guys might be using with a 700r4? Pro's and con's would be great. i think I would like to go with a floor shifter but am open to ideas. I would not mind building console. I am not a fan of the SS console so it would be custom. Just want a to have a clean look and not a bulky B&M rachet floor shifter.

Starting to collect parts for the conversion. I think I will use Bowtie Overdrives TV kit and Chevy2only crossmember. Any cooler line Ideas(I think hard lines look better)opinon welcome

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
I just put in a 700R4.Built to take 600 HP-TQ. I was going to keep my original shifter but even with conversion kit from shiftworks it would not work. So went for a B & M Mega Shifter. It takes some getting use to ( mostly the PRN, 123D is a snap) The shifter is great, brute tough and rock solid. I am looking at getting a console from either a Blazer, S10 or a camaro, maybe even fab one myself. I want cup holders, arm rest, storage etc.

Blazer console has some potential with some mods to the shifter area.

·
Registered
309 Posts
get the shifter linkage from kugel $44, then you can use your column shifter,it works really nice, very easy to install

1 - 5 of 5 Posts