Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was wondering if you can adjust the rpm that a powerglide shifts from first to second? Mine doesn't shift into second or drive until 3500 rpm's and it's hard to drive around town because it won't get into drive unless I am speeding. I was told on a 350 or a 400 there is a set screw where the vaccuum line tube is and you can turn in or out and it will change the shift rpm, does the powerglide have this? Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is hooked up, could the modulator be screwed, also how much vaccuum do you need for it to shift properly? It kinda sounds like this may be the problem because it does shift a little hard as well. Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Check the trans linkage at the throttle and be sure it's set right. It's probably adjustable but don't get crazy with it. I had added a new intake and carb and had to fool with that to get mine to shift right. If the modulator is adjustable the adjuster will be inside so remove the hose and look in that hole. If there is an adjuster you will be able to see it. RM

·
Registered
788 Posts
I had this problem also and it was all to do with the vacume not being applied at the modulator. You might want to use a vacume gauge at the trans to be sure and chase down any problems from a plugged carb or collapsed hose. Been there with the hard shifts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts