Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 1965 chevy II. Recently installed a set of shorty headers. However I think they are going to kill the performance of the new stroker motor. The car has a column shift and I my full length headers won't work.
Can anyone tell me of a source for a cable type shift linkage to remedy this problem?
Thanks for any info.
Warren..

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I had the same problem. If I remember correctly, Autozone and Kragen have a conversion kit that gets rid of the linkage and uses a cable instead. I'm not positive, though. I ended up buying a floor shifter from Kragen because I needed my car driveable asap.

I don't know if these are just for floor shifters or if they'll work for you, but here's a bunch from Summit:

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=4294925134+4294839069+115+4294822071

Matt

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
I used the rod type shift arm from Shiftworks. Mines a 65 with a 700r4, full length headers, factory column. I also bought thier indicator lens for the 700r4. Worked real well for me and cheap too.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Also look on ChevyIIonly.com they have a column shift adapter kit, it is very nice and very flexible, it allows you to bend a rod into whatever shape you need to clear your headers, and has high-quality ball joints on each end to allow free movement. It is easy to install and looks great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts