Chevy Nova Forum banner

Shift Indicator Cable/Wire

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Corbinstein 
#1 ·
I have a 70 Nova and the Gear Shift Indicator is Not working. The guy we bought the car from, Removed the column shift handle and tried to install a Gerry Rigged Floor Shifter. Column Shifter is back in place and all works well, Except for the indicator. I can't seem to find a wire, cable or anything to reconnect. Not really sure what I'm looking for. Can someone describe a process to find this thing?
Thank you!

#2 ·
Right about at 1:30 on the below video, it shows in a GM car how the shift indicator cable attaches to the column sleeve but on this video it shows a push on clip. On the Nova's I've owned this clip does not just push onto the edge of the column sleeve but is retained with a short phillips screw through a similar style clip and through a slot.

Here is the closest I could easily find as to what you are looking for.Not exactly, but close to it:

https://www.classicindustries.com/product/1987/gmc/truck/parts/17140.html

You may also be looking for something that is not there. I'll admit I have broken them before as I forgot to unclip it before dropping the column and either broken the cable, or something else in the assembly.

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.