Rear End: ?

Exhaust: tbd

Wheels/Tires: tbd

Interior: tbd

Electrical: stock

Accessories/Options: tbd

Sound system:tbd

Comments:
My Pop's old Nova. He had health issues and had to go on disability. He spent about 20 years taking a body course at the local community college. He had the car painted and looking pretty good at one time. The last 10 years or so, he hasn't been able to do anything on it, and it sat in the yard and went downhill. I recently drug it home to save it. It currently has a 305 and Powerglide.

He did a decent job on the exterior sheet metal, but the floors and truck are shot. I'm currently rebuilding the front suspension and swapping in a mildly built 350 and 350 trans I pulled from another project.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
WOW . . . big change from 1st picture and the 2nd picture , looks good . . . . . keep going ; and,

WELCOME to SNS . . . . . .. with your 3rd Gen . . . .. .. . . jim

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a mildly built 350 that I pulled out of a previous project. Been sitting on the garage floor for about 10 years looking for a home. Got it cleaned up and ready for action.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm really getting the cart ahead of the horse with the drivetrain before the floor and trunk floor replacement. The thing is, I had a lot of the drivetrain stuff on hand. I'm heading to TN to visit a friend this weekend, and will be picking up all the sheet metal items that I'll need. On my way, I'll be within a mile of a source. Gives me a good excuse to go, and I'll save all the shipping.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Cool project, and I'm glad you're saving a family heirloom. You'll have it done from the firewall forward and can hopefully drive it before you year into it further. The helps with the motivation. Keep us in the loop!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool project, and I'm glad you're saving a family heirloom. You'll have it done from the firewall forward and can hopefully drive it before you year into it further. The helps with the motivation. Keep us in the loop!
Yeah, a rolling restoration is what I'm after. I am going to do the floors and trunk floor and get it moving again while I work on stuff. I have found that if I take one completely down all at once, that it ends up a depressing pile for a long time. I hope to get it in a functional state again while my dad can still go for a ride in it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts