Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am going to patch a few holes I have in the front floor pans in the Nova this coming tuesday and I was wondering is there a certain technique in doing this? Ive got a torch and welder and a few other tools, will this be all I need? Does anyone maybe have any before and after pics of sheet metal patching perhaps?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
i have a million pics, but what exactly do you need to see...for something like that i would go about by marking the area (usually scribe cause it won't rub off), i never use a torch for that kinda thing, use a cutoff wheel and do it accuratley then you can use the peice you cut as the template for the patch....you need to ask a more specific question, thats pretty broad

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I have a cutoff wheel also. I need to take a pic of the holes to show yall which I might do tomm when I get off work. In the floor pan, do I need to cut out the hole until I get all the rust off from around it? Thats what I was planning on doing then measuring the hole and patching it. I guess another thing is when I put carpet in your going to feel the humps from where I patched it unless there is way to smooth it out or bend it to make it even? Thanks

·
Banned
389 Posts
Butt Welding Patches

Butt Welding in the patches is the prefferred method to use, not over lap. Mig or Tig weld is best, gas torch welding could be used but warpage becomes a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts