Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to run a 90's serpentine setup on my 1971 307.will it all bolt to the factory mounting holes on the heads?will the power steering pump bolt up in the stock location?will the whole setup[bracketss,aletrnator,power steering pump,a/c compressor,etc] bolt right up to my engine with no major modifications?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I assume you are asking about the factory gm setups? If your heads have the accessory bolt holes in them, then they will. The power steering pump goes in the same location as it did before. But you will need to pull the pulley off to get the pump bolted on. The alternater will be on the drivers side on top so you may or may not have to make the wires a little longer. The compressor goes on the the passenger side on top. I assume you have the older style compressor that is about 12-15 in long. If thats the case you will have to change it out for the newer style like one from an 90's s-10. You can also get the brackets from a 4.3 motor as they will work also. You will need all the pulleys also. I have already done this to both my pickups, it's a very easy swap. Try to get everything from the same motor. Don't forget the fan blade and clutch as they will have to be a reverse rotation. Try to get all the bolts also, that way you know what size they are. I got both my setups off of parts trucks I had bought to scrap out.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I am assuming that your ac comp is on the drivers side, so the lengths will be way off. But you should be able to find a local shop that can make the lines for you. Some of the parts stores are offering to do this service also. If the parts guys aren't capable of doing this they should be able to point you in the right direction as to who can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts