Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEy all, I was wondering is anyone running a 6 rib belt where the belt runs around the water pump pulley with the smooth side of the belt. I am in the process on installing a zoopps compressor braket and idler tensioner on my motor and I see that the only way to route the belt around all the pulleys is to run the smooth side of the belt around the ribbed water pump pulley. Will this damage the belt or this how iit is supposed to be?

Len

66hdt

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Carefull!!!Warning!!!

When the belt runs on the back side for the water pump that means reverse flow!

You running a engine that requires reverse flow?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, im running a 383, but i have added a/c to it and the pulley system has to be run this way. My water pump is reverse flow. So i'll have to find a smooth pulley. Thanks

len

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Gm Parts
Part # 10055880

List price is 65.00 (local dealer price)
www.gmpartsdirect.com can save you some cash!
Better nake sure you have a reverse flow water pump.

As I remember, you had cooling issues before.:eek:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Al, thanks. i was hoping march or zoops made one to match my other pulleys.

Len

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you purchased the complete drive system, it should have come with proper pulleys (IMO).

On most SBC serpentine systems, it will use a reverse rotation water pump, not a reverse flow pump. The coolant flow is in the same direction, just the WP impeller is made opposite than a standard pump.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Al, it doesn't always mean reverse flow, it just means reverse rotation of the WP impeller. Different WP but flow is the same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts