Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since this is my first restoration, I am looking for any guidelines as to the sequence of putting things back together. Since my motor is on hold, I started on the doors. So far, have both doors on, aligned perfectly, door weatherstrip installed, new pins and bushings, new springs, left side door latch, lock, striker and rod works perfectly! :yes: Waiting on a rod clip for right side but I am not anticipating any probs over there.

I am figuring to restore my vent windows, get them in, then wondering.....Do I install all the fuzzies and channeling BEFORE the glass & regulators?

·
Registered
847 Posts
fuzzies before glass but the run channel before glass.Putting the fuzzies in before the glass makes installing the glass much harder. been through that already.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can see how the bottom of the glass channel could get in the way of the fuzzies so how bout this:

1. Install vent window
2. Install vent window vertical channel
3. Put glass in door and sit it on the bottom
4. Install window channeling
5. Install fuzzies
6. Finish up glass assembly.

sound good?

for the rear, I probably can't get the fuzzies in since the window doesn't go all the way down so....get the channeling and fuzzies in, then install the glass?

fuzzies: clips go to the inside or the outside? I forget.

thx.

·
Registered
847 Posts
yeah, you got it!

For the rear install the glass first only because it will be hard to get the glass with its bracket through the tiny space with fuzzies already in it.

Do the clips look like this? i|i

If they do then the middle piece goes through the hole in the quarter and the other two legs stay on the outside. Another thing, put the fuzzies up to the seating position and see if they need to get cut to fit, had to bend mine up a bit:eek:

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
If you lower the glass stops you can sometimes lower the window down enough to get the fuzzies in while the glass is in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts