Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its not really a problem yet, but would like to catch it before it becomes one

have easy street kit on my 63 longroof (big bore selonoids) 3/8" lines

occasoinally when i go to air up at the switches i get nothing, happen to me last night, the rear went up fine but would not go down and the front would not go up at all. in the front i could hear the seloniod clicking very slightly when i hit the switch, i checked all the conections at the switch panel and they all were good,

this has happened a few times to me (maybe 5 times in 2 years) and every time it will eventually work, but w/o out me doing any thing but rehitting the switches a few times

the switches shouldnt be worn out bc i dont use them very often, im thinking its a ground problem, going to check all my ground wires

Just wondering if any one esle has had this problem......

·
6,395 Posts
I had a similar problem with one of my solenoids from Air Lift. It was only on the car a month. Air Lift sent me another one. I replaced it and never had a problem again. I took the original one apart(it's very easy to do) and found a small bit of debris which looked like a small piece of rubber. I believe that was the only problem with it.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks shane, i was assuming it was something simple, it just scared me last night... it was 4 am and i was almost stuck too low to drive........

·
6,395 Posts
You could tee another line to each bag and have a schrader(sp?) valve to manully fill each bag. This will be for emergency use shold any component fail(excluding the bag itself). I use to carry one of those cheap cigarette lighter compressors in the trunk. That way I was covered for the air ride and the tires. Had to use it once. Cheaper then a tow truck.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, i allready have emergency fill valves wired in (thats how i used to work it before i had time to wire the whole system), eventually i plan on putting a tee at the tank to hook up a air line for emergency tire inflation......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts