Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I recently imported a 62 project to the UK...
this is probably a dumb question... is my vehicle a 2 door hardtop, or 2 door sedan? classic industries have both listed.... and i bought a window felt kit, and the rears have 6 mounting points... but the vehicle only has 4 holes, none of which match up!
Another issue i need help with... the rear wind up windows, i have none of the channels or interior trim which keeps the glass upright. I cannot find this for sale anywhere? can anyone show me what i am missing? and if it is not available new to buy, is there a breaker that can be recommended for used parts?
Also the vehicle came with some nasty 80's seats... whats a good seat to fit the vehicle? prefer lowback, and need to tilt / recline....

thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
you have a sedan there, a great ride to cruise the roads of england. i admire you guys taking are old classics an restore them in another country. okay the difference from sedan an coupe. when the side windows are rolled down there is a post between the two side windows, a sedan. now a coupe with both front an back windows rolled down it is all open front to back, a coupe. an a welcome to you on the nova site.

·
Super Moderator
3,563 Posts
The whole 'sedan'/'coupe' thing can be confusing. I had a Model A Coupe, but it has a pillar, as does a Studebaker Starlight Coupe. But a 'Starliner' Coupe has no pillar. Sheesh.

By Chevy II standards, you likely have a Chevy II 100 series, and definitely a 2-door sedan. Sedan roof height is 1.5-2 inches taller than a Nova hardtop, so some parts do not interchange. For identifying Chevy II/Nova: pillar and frame around the door window, Sedan. No pillar and no steel frame around the front window, 'hardtop', or 'coupe' or 'sport coupe', or convertible.

As for the rear window channels and parts, do you have the regulator, the geared arm and shaft that the window crank attaches to? You'll need that and the channel that the glass runs in, and I believe those parts are 2-door sedan only. Members here have a ton of parts, so good on you for the call for parts.

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
Long as we're at it, what's a saloon?

Estate?

'Shooting Brake'?

WAY Over my "Pay-grade" ? ? ?

How you doing , Frank ------- ever get your ' six ' back on th' road ?

see ya …… jim

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you have a sedan there, a great ride to cruise the roads of england. i admire you guys taking are old classics an restore them in another country. okay the difference from sedan an coupe. when the side windows are rolled down there is a post between the two side windows, a sedan. now a coupe with both front an back windows rolled down it is all open front to back, a coupe. an a welcome to you on the nova site.
Thanks for the info! That all makes sense now.... and will be a great help when ordering parts!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The whole 'sedan'/'coupe' thing can be confusing. I had a Model A Coupe, but it has a pillar, as does a Studebaker Starlight Coupe. But a 'Starliner' Coupe has no pillar. Sheesh.

By Chevy II standards, you likely have a Chevy II 100 series, and definitely a 2-door sedan. Sedan roof height is 1.5-2 inches taller than a Nova hardtop, so some parts do not interchange. For identifying Chevy II/Nova: pillar and frame around the door window, Sedan. No pillar and no steel frame around the front window, 'hardtop', or 'coupe' or 'sport coupe', or convertible.

As for the rear window channels and parts, do you have the regulator, the geared arm and shaft that the window crank attaches to? You'll need that and the channel that the glass runs in, and I believe those parts are 2-door sedan only. Members here have a ton of parts, so good on you for the call for parts.
Hi Ally..... thanks for the help there.... I have the regulators and glass... but nothing else! They go up and down ok.... but flop around as there are no channels in the closed position...

·
Premium Member
3,369 Posts
Rear 1/4 glass windows- looks like you have the exterior push,clip in place moldings. Do you have the interior screw in place pieces?
there is one vertical piece that screws in place at the front with two screws and one long curved screw in place that does the rest (three screws) per side.

If you have those - great. There is also a run channel that is bendable and pop in holes within the channel of the frame. I Thought I ordered mine directly from Steele rubber products along with a bunch of other stuff but I can not seem to find it there:

https://www.steelerubber.com/search?year=1962&make=chevrolet&model=chevy-ii&style=2-door-sedan-6-passenger&p=3

Chevy II Only has it :

https://gmclassics.com/part/quarter-window-weatherstrip-kit-2-door-sedan/

1 - 16 of 16 Posts