Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds weird but wondering if anyone has done it. My hardtop doors are pretty rough but I have access to a 2dr sedan door that is excellent. Can it be converted to a hardtop door?

·
Premium Member
3,527 Posts
Driill out the spot welds for the window frame and remove that. Use your vent windows as they would be a bit shorter I think and attach a little different(?). Not sure if the window crank mechanisms are the same but the post windows roll up a bit further due to the higher roof line(?). Door gasket is definitely different and the yours would attach differently at the the door closing edge and the fender end of the door.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I going to go ahead and grab it. If nothing else I can cut it up to patch my door.

·
Vendor
1,780 Posts
It's a lot of work. You will also have to modify the top edge to accept the reveal moulding and the back to accept the rear run channel, which has unique mounting. The front top edge may also need to be modified where the vent goes in to accept the chrome diecast vent cap.

Good 2-door sedan doors are scarce so something to keep in mind. They are much harder to find than coupe doors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts