Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive thought about it for a while now im just concerned about my vehicles safety. i own a 74 hatchback that is getting restored to be used to drive around... the hood can be opened just like that on old cars and my door looks can be "hanger picked" what are some things i can do or things that you guys have done to make sure your baby is safe lol

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
If theives want something, they will get it whether you have a lock, cable, whatever on it. It just means they will beat on, pry open, scratch, whatever it takes to get it if you have locks on it. Most alarms can be bypassed or they are ignored for the most part because of all the false alarms. You can install Lojack so it can be traced if stolen but other than that it's a matter of not leaving it in easy reach if you aren't around. Ensure you have good theft insurance and hope you are lucky. We keep our stuff in a locked, monitored alarm, video'd, garage, so nothing is coming in or out without someone knowing about it immediately.

It's a sad situation these days when you can't have something nice without having to go to extreme measures to protect it. Keep it within sight or have an alarm pager with you if it's near by but out of eyesite. Mine works for 1/2 mile or so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts