Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bench seat in my 70 at the moment. I like the bench but feel cramped up in there (need more room). I've been looking around on c-list and there is a decent amount of bucket seats out there. I keep seeing alot from 67 - 69 camaro's. 2 questions: Will these seat tracks bolt directly in? Is there any cheap way to get more leg room ? (year one has seat tracks that are direct bolt-in's and 2 in longer but they cost around $120 per seat ....ouch)

·
Premium Member
3,563 Posts
Yes, the Camaro seats will bolt right in, AFTER you have welded in the bucket seat mounts. You can get the seat mounts from Classic Industries or Year One.

You can also use late model Camaro seats and fab your own brakets to mount them.

Also, check out Procar seats. I think they look real nice, and are more comfortable than 40 year old seats. :)

http://www.procarbyscat.com/Products_Lowback.asp

By going to bucket seats, you will get more leg and headroom.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Why would going to buckets give you any more leg room if the seat is the same distance from the dash? The only way to get more leg room is to move the seat mounts back. GM had a kit to do this in F-bodies in the 60's. Basically all it is is a metal strap that bolts to the stock mounts inthe floor, and has new mounts on it that moved the seat back 2-3 inches. And height of the seat is what determines head room. A stock bucket seat sits about the same height as the bench, so no more head room will be gained unless you lower the seat in the car. You'll have to use some ingenuity to get more room in your car, just switching to buckets alone won't do it.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
69 Nova Front Seat Brackets

I have the same problem.. too tall (6'5") and I also feel cramped behind the wheel . Say nothing about trying to get in and out ! There was a guy selling seat bracket extentsions for 1st and 2nd Gen on ebay, but haven't located anything for 3rd Gen . Does anyone know where a guy might locate a set ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts