Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody used Ssnake-Oyl products to restore their seat belts? if so how much did it cost?, how long did it take? & were you happy with their work. thanks.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
I got a quote on buying the complete set for my 67 SS. They wanted about $850.00. Didn't want to spend that much.
John

·
14,584 Posts
Snakeoyl

I used them for my Nova and my Roadrunner. Quality of work was excellent, the buckles were all redone and painted as original and all of the other hardware was replaced or rebuilt. Excellent company. I don't recall what it cost me as I had the 2nd car done about 6yrs ago.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
2 good ways: on my chevelle I threw my seat belts in the washing machine with some old towels. hung them to dry and then re-dyed them black using Rit T-shirt dye worked great. or you can go to a local upholstery shop and the can sew together some new ones any color you want. we do it at my shop.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Good but expensive

SSnake-oly is doing a pair of deluxe belts for my 65. With the correct labels, rewebbing, boots and some rechroming its about $350. They did an aftermarket set for me earlier and the work was outstanding. They will truely look new when you get them back if you want to spend that much. Probably could only justify it for a car you plan to show off a lot!

·
Registered
481 Posts
If you belts are just very dirty and look bad.........I Learned a trick from a car restorer here in town. You ready for this!?!??!!?!?

Plain warm soapy water (Dawn Dish Soap work great) Put those suckers in a 5gallon bucket and let them soak for about 6 hours. Rinse them real good and do it again. They will look like new!!!!! Mine had 35 years of dirt/oil/candy etc.
on them from sitting UNDER the seat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts