Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I'm in the process of restoring a '76, and trying to figure out how to go about the interior restoration.

I don't want the seat belts in the roof of the car anymore. Is there any way to integrate the belts into the seat (maybe like this (Dodge Ram 1500)?), or maybe even into the B-pillar?

I do have the original bench seats, so I was thinking of modifying it to work.. wasn't sure how to do that. I was going to take the car to get the interior work done for me, if possible.

Any ideas? Thanks guys..

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hey guys!

I'm in the process of restoring a '76, and trying to figure out how to go about the interior restoration.
So now you aren't going to restore it? Sounds like your jumping into customizations!

If you mount to the B pillar, make sure you weld in a bung to support the tug on the belt when someone hits ya, otherwise it will be a bolt aiming at your head/kneck when it gets yanked off. Put some thought into how you will spread the load of the mount across and up and down the pillar...go to the junkyard and see how the OEM did it, maybe even cut out a B pillar from another car and weld it into yours...same goes for the seat trick...beef it up to make it work - seatbelts save lives ya know!

Good luck!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guess I used the wrong word there. True - this would be customizing and not restoring at that point! :)

Thanks for the idea. I'll start taking a look around and see what I can come up with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts