Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm considering going to the local pull apart and getting some late model bucket seats, seat belts, console and rear seat to put in my 4dr 64 Nova. New seat covers are just a bit too pricey right now. Also having new covers made at the local upholstery shop cost just as much if not more.
I like the comfort of some later model bucket seats. I really miss the feel of my cloth 93 sunbird seats. Plus its hard to beat $18 each for some. I've seen some late model cars in there with some suprisingly nice and good condition very useable seats in them.
I was wondering what anybody else was using in their early gen novas other than the factory original style interiors.
I've seen some pictures of later seats in 1st gens here. I'd love to see em again to get some ideas going.
Does any one have a suggestion for a late model seat that is similar or close in dimensions that will fit or work for the rear seat? Or even if I can use the later covers over the original rear seats?
I saw one pic here of a guy that used a dodge neon console that fit really good in a 1st gen. Stuff like that. I just want to know what has worked for others and what doesn't before I got scouting for some.
Any ideas, opinions etc. are welcome.
Thanks.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I don't have a clue about back seats or consoles. I did use 2001 Dodge Stratus R/T front buckets in my 64. They sure do set comfy and give alot more leg room when ran all the way back. I am over 6 ft. so that makes a big difference getting in and out.

Scott

·
Registered
8 Posts
surprised no one has found a different set up that works with seats getting real scarce...I've been looking for seats ...different buckets won't be much of a problem ...but the back seat I've got no idea

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice. The console looks about what I'm wanting, since I don't plan on relocating the shifter to the floor. Is that the universal one thats sold through various reproduction parts places?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts