Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if these seats are the same as some of the 1st gen Nova seats? Not sure, but I was guessing they came from an Impala. I'm thinking the wrap around chrome piece is different than a 1st gen Nova?

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
are you trying to restore to factory original condition or are you doing a modified type deal? I only ask because the seats from a pontiac grand am seem to fit fine. just a thought

·
Premium Member
4,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Badnova,

I'm doing a convertible conversion on my 66. I'm putting a 62 dash in it. A really good friend of mine gave me a 66-67 SS console. I love the look of the 1st gen dashes (much better than I like the 2nd gen consoles), and I love the look of the 2nd gen consoles (much better than I like the 1st gen consoles). So I will have my favorite dash and my favorite floor console in the car.

With the interior of the car being most noticeably 1st gen (I think the majority of people would be able to ID the 1st gen dash correctly as 1st gen, more than people would be able to ID the 2nd gen console correctly) it makes sense to put 1st gen buckets in the car. That way, to the "somewhat untrained" eye, the interior could pass as all 1st gen. I'm sorta thinking the 66 seats might seem "out of place" in there. Maybe not?

But from what I've heard, 1st gen seats won't allow a 66 console to fit between them. So I'm kinda thinking that might limit me to going with the 66 seats. I think the 1st gen seats would match the dash better than the 66 seats, but the 1st gen seats might not allow the SS console to fit between them.

Yeah yeah, Mr. Wishy washy I know!!!

I came across the seats in the pic in an ad I found. Dirt cheap, so I thought I'd see if they were the same as 1st gen Nova seats.

BTW, could a set of 1st gen seats be pushed outward at all to fit a 66 console between them? I don't mind the little bit of fab work it would take, as long as the movement isn't to crazy.....like maybe 1" over on each seat? Or would that make the seat affect the door? I think I might have to ask this question in a new thread so it gets some attention.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Yeah yeah, Mr. Wishy washy I know!!!
Hey Mr. Wishy Washy, :devil:
Don't forget that first gen 65's had the same type of console as second gen's. :D I think it'll be fine if the seats aren't too wide. You may also be sitting off center to the steering wheel??
Get a measurement of the seats and I'll get one of the width from door to door. It's all in the numbers!!! Later

·
Premium Member
4,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey dude,

I was looking a little closer at those seats, and I see that they have the slide release lever in the front. I'm doubting they are the same as Chevy II seats.......

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Here is a picture of mine with 65 impala seats, I was playing around with making my own console. This should give you an idea of the space left between the seats.

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts