Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to order some 4 inch foam for the front and rear beanch in my Chevy II and I have questions... like what does 4128 mean in refernce to the foam itself?

Here is what I am looking at http://www.rochfordsupply.com/shop/F...128/index.html the 3 or 4 inch stuff

I want to have a comfortable seat for long trips, and can not find what to use to be comfy. Also is the 4 inch to thick for a factory bench seat?? One more and I will shut up...the factory seats do not have foam on the seat backing...should there be? Thanks for the help!

·
Super Moderator
67 4 door, 65 wagon (in pieces)
6,636 Posts
When I recovered my 67 seats, there's no foam on them, just cotton batting. It wasn't that easy covering what thin amount was there. I can't imagine trying to stretch the covers over 4 inches of foam, even if it does compress.

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
If you are doing a custom interior you will be OK. But if putting on any brand of factory fit seat upholstry expect alot of extra expense in modifying the covers.

I'd try to get that memory foam, it does make for good comfey beds...

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I am actually getting custom seats and the bottoms currently have 3 inch foam of some sort on them. I have been thinking about the memory foam nightshade...I wonder if that would be to soft?? Decisions, decisions...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts