Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to John Agueci- Vintage Vehicle Services Inc for the wealth of valuable information provided. You guys are awesome!

First, we learned that the VIN Number on the Alberta ownership was incorrect (since 1994). That generated an interesting, multiple hour long, visit to the MTO - but all resolved now.

Second, we learned that 'Blue' is one of only 398 produced - not one of 672 :c) Still no idea how many survivors there are, but possibly less than we thought.

Third, we learned that she had front seat belts with retractor. Can anyone tell me whether they would have had a button release or lift release?

·
15,996 Posts
Glad you got the numbers sorted out with Vintage Vehicle Services. So, is your car a six cylinder sport coupe or a sport deluxe?

As for seatbelts, Oshawa, Ontario built Chevy IIs and Acadians had belts made in Canada, so different from the U.S. Did the car come with regular or deluxe seat belts. Deluxe will be stated as an option on your documentation. The '66 cars had lift release belts for both, so I imagine '65 was the same. Needless to say, the Canadian belts and buckles are not reproduced.

Bob

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad you got the numbers sorted out with Vintage Vehicle Services. So, is your car a six cylinder sport coupe or a sport deluxe?

As for seatbelts, Oshawa, Ontario built Chevy IIs and Acadians had belts made in Canada, so different from the U.S. Did the car come with regular or deluxe seat belts. Deluxe will be stated as an option on your documentation. The '66 cars had lift release belts for both, so I imagine '65 was the same. Needless to say, the Canadian belts and buckles are not reproduced.

Bob

Thanks, Bob

It's a 6 cylinder Sport Deluxe. I figured they would probably be lift release, since button release seems too new. Documentation says: A49 Seat Belts: Front with Retractor

Antique Chev has both available (also lap and lap/shoulder belt options) but trying to keep it as 'original' as possible, so wanted to check.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe a 1965 regular Canadian seat belt would be similar to the attached picture, except no carriage.

If you want original seat belts, I would visit the Canadian Poncho site and put a wanted ad in. View attachment 445369
I believe a 1965 regular Canadian seat belt would be similar to the attached picture, except no carriage.

If you want original seat belts, I would visit the Canadian Poncho site and put a wanted ad in. View attachment 445369
Awesome! Thank you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts