Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IDoes anyone know where I can find a rochester single barrel carb? or how much it a rebuilt one cost? Any info is appreciated.

I have a 327 bored over .30 and would like to try out the single, what do you guys think. its my daily driver.
I have holley 750 and know its unesseary.

·
Registered
885 Posts
They never came with single barrel. I think you mean 2 barrels? I might think about a Q-jet. Small primarys for cruising and big secondary's for go'n fast.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks, my buddy is running a single barrel on his 305 and runs clean no problems at all. I thought I could try and do the same

·
Registered
265 Posts
if your that confused about fuel mileage your doing it wrong....

putting a single barrel on a v8 is like running a marathon while only breathing through a straw....

engine may run and idle but will have 0 pick up or drivability.

If its fuel concerns drop a straight 6 in there with a single barrel and coast along sipping gas...

you can even get a decent little burble out of a I6 250/230/292 etc if you do some work but then... it costs a bit more than an 8....

so the rule is.. you have to pay to play... want rumble and power.. gotta pay ( performance parts, fuel prices etc..) want to cruise along enjoying showing off the car... swap in that 250 I6 with a single barrel problem solved!

now if money isnt an option.. and your wanting fuel economy... swap in a fuel injected 2.2 motor with a turbo set up.... then youll get 25 mpg and almost 300 ponies!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts