Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
66 Chevy II, 871 blown 355
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Nova owners in Michigan,
I am thinking about trying to organize a simple "Meet & Greet" or "Cars & Coffee" or whatever you want to call it for the Nova owners in SE Michigan.
If you are familiar with the area there are many options,
One is the weekly gathering at Bakers in Milford on Sunday afternoons. This is a pretty good setting and we can also arrange a special area for us to park together if desired.
There are many parks around the area if we decide not to go to an organized event, or just a simple parking lot somewhere.
Let's put our heads together and see what we can do, I think it would be fun to put faces to names and vehicles.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
that's a little far for me to drive. in a west side saginaw area parking lot there has been a gathering of old cars on fridays evenings for like 25 years or more. every friday 5-9 from apr to oct. some times there is only a few cars an other times there might 30 or more.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand completely, I just started getting more comfortable with driving some distance with mine. We will have to see what kind of interest we get and then try to find someplace that fits for all.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
it takes awhile for that uncertain feeling to go away. 40-45 miles one way is about the farthest i've drove yet.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Bakers does a great job with what they put together. Problem will be getting the word out. This section doesn’t seem to get checked as often as the others.

Mine is more of a driver than show quality but a get together might be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
822 Posts
I'm in, even if the car's not done. I really like Baker's. Food, beer and cars. You can't beat that place.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
i just looked up bakers in milford, about 75-85 miles one way. there sure is alot of cars that show up there.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hines Park Cruise

Is anybody making plans for the Hines Park Cruise on Aug 25th
If you have not been there it is something that should not be missed, park setting, lots of food vendors, and the best part is the road is closed off to anything that is not a classic !

I will be going again this year

http://cruisinhines.com/

·
Registered
822 Posts
Hines Park looks cool. My Nova won't be done, but I could bring our '47 Willy's. It will probably take a few hours to get there and back unless I trailer it!

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
bpb6602...... i just clicked your link to the show/cruise. sounds like a fun interesting day with the classics. wished it wasn't so far.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Back to the Bricks Tune up party

I am heading out to Davison, Mi. today for the first Back to the Bricks Tune-up party, anyone else going?

·
Registered
822 Posts
I talked to a guy named Rick with a Black '66 on Woodward this weekend who mentioned that he was going to that. Give us a heads up if you know of any others. Let me know if you go to back to the bricks. We live right off the Dixie near Davisburg by I75.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Drove right by you drm101
Ran Dixie up to Grand Blanc, it was a good turn out up in Davison, probably 300 cars, two lots full.

If weather looks good tomorrow night I will head up to Linden for the third cruise and maybe Fenton on Thursday.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
I’m just going to say get out and run these cars.. I have a group of friends that we have a run usually the last Saturday of the month.. We started this this year with a run through the San Gabriel mountains on New Year’s Day.. We haven’t repeated anything yet every month has been something different.. Last month was a cars and coffee meet up in San Clemente then up PCH to Newport Beach to ride bicycles on the beach.. It was 66 mile form home to San Clemente for me and I probably put about a 150 miles on it for the day.. We all have a really great time and putting the cars to work is good for them as well.. Get out an run em..!

Attachments

·
Registered
822 Posts
My Nova is still not complete, but we have a '47 Willys that we drive and I may make it to Fenton. It's burgundy and sticks out like a sore thumb. Can't miss it. I can take dirt roads almost all the way there and it's a nice drive in an old Willys. If your in the area feel free to stop by. Old cars are always welcome. 7515 Old Pond Drive, Clarkston. Free half assembled Nova viewing and messy garage tour. I finished the back seat at least. One thing at a time.

Attachments

·
Registered
822 Posts
NovaThug, my Nova looked alot like your Nova before I had it painted white. Almost twins beside the wheels.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 49 Posts