Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
http://memphis.craigslist.org/pts/3350518991.html
is that a good deal? i doubt it will make 700 hp but would this still be a good buy? it will be on a street car.
That's a great deal if everything is as it appears.

It's almost too good to be true.

There is still a lot of work and this is NOT a bolt on by any means. It will take many hours and lots of engineering skills as well as great welding skills.

That being said, I'm sure on the right SBC it could make that kind of HP.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yeah man, don't do it! THE EXACT SAME picture is used on EBAY, and they are only going for $1000... with free shipping!

Just some guy fishing for a sap to make 500 easy dollars!:)

·
Registered
212 Posts
That's a great deal if everything is as it appears.

It's almost too good to be true.

There is still a lot of work and this is NOT a bolt on by any means. It will take many hours and lots of engineering skills as well as great welding skills.

That being said, I'm sure on the right SBC it could make that kind of HP.
I stand corrected, it appears to NOT be a good deal and somewhat suspicious.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yeah our dads all taught us "if it seems to good to be true...it probably is" and Dan in your defense you DID say " if everything is as it appears. "
LOL id say everything is NOT as it appears...LOL:no:

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Good stuff aint cheap, and cheap stuff aint good:no:

Those are universal kits with junk parts, most everything will need to be modded to fit and or work properly. Once the kits is installed you still need to figure out an engine management and fuel delivery system.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I didn't get to see the add before it was removed but I can tell you that turbo parts are not cheap by any means. The turbo's that I am buying for me car are between $1400 and $1800 each depending on which ones I decide to go with. Everything else I will piece together since it will be a custom job just for my car. The 700hp sb can be done with a good bottom end and heads. My 540 will be making right at 1200 hp on street tune and 1800 plus on track tune.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok thank you everyone. i guess i will not being doing a turbo on a sbc lol i will wait and do an ls swap or maybe the new lt1 swap at the rate i am going lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts