Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched for days and have found nothing i liked. I've got a '64 327 that i'll be putting in my '63 SS Nova and i would really like the old school corvette valve covers.Black, fins and the emblem on top but i cant find any in a "Tall" version. Even plain black valve covers with the fins on top aren't easy to find without "Edelbrock" or "M/T" on the top. Anybody know where i can get some original style tall valve covers for SBC?

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
to my knowledge the old school Vette finned covers were never available in a tall version... if the cam lift is under .500 and you're not running roller rockers the std Vette covers should fit fine...

and if you're running power brakes, a 9" diameter booster... shorties are all that will clear...

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks FLYER, i appreciate all your knowledge:yes: Ive got a pair of stock covers and they dont fit. The engine was pretty built when i got it. The car was built for bracket racing from what i was told by the shop i had rebuild the engine so ill have to check the specs. I might just have to fab up a pair if i can. Thanks again.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
they won't fit? meaning they won't clear the rockers? if that's the case you can get thicker valve cover gaskets... maybe that will help them to fit...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts