Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I have a pair of 3973487's. the driver side has the "x" suffix, while the passenger side does not. Is this normal? I have read the x castings have 10cc more on the intake runner. If these are mismatched, is it a huge deal? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Okay I have a pair of 3973487's. the driver side has the "x" suffix, while the passenger side does not. Is this normal? I have read the x castings have 10cc more on the intake runner. If these are mismatched, is it a huge deal? Thanks for the help!
X is experimental heads. I had a set of them once...wished i'd kept them but someone offered me $400 for the dirty pair...:eek:

They should be very similar. Take them to the machine shop if you want to check on the volume of each to ensure they are the same. :D

202 intakes? Mine were out of my 72 Chevy Cheyenne. :yes:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
X is experimental heads. I had a set of them once...wished i'd kept them but someone offered me $400 for the dirty pair...:eek:

They should be very similar. Take them to the machine shop if you want to check on the volume of each to ensure they are the same. :D

202 intakes? Mine were out of my 72 Chevy Cheyenne. :yes:
Mine came with the car. The more I go thru her the more I realize the PO never visited the forum to check his work!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump...my question is: is it normal that only one head has the x suffix, or are these mismatched heads?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Had a set of those on a stone stock 72 rally nova with a 350 2bbl.Ive read those heads were intended for the higher hp 350s for 71/72. How my car got them was anyones guess,pops bought it new and he never messed with it. But yes 487x did have the larger runners dont know if any were ever fitted with 2.02 1.60 valves though.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Had a set of those on a stone stock 72 rally nova with a 350 2bbl.Ive read those heads were intended for the higher hp 350s for 71/72. How my car got them was anyones guess,pops bought it new and he never messed with it. But yes 487x did have the larger runners dont know if any were ever fitted with 2.02 1.60 valves though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts