Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this sounds silly but I've been crating up the Fulton 762 to send it on it's way to a new home back East and am actually feeling like I'm saying goodbye to an old friend. I've never felt any kind of attachment to any car part before in my 50 years in this hobby. This has been a great engine and brought us many happy moments. Anyway, it's all freshened up & ready to send out in the next few days to make room for the new one to show up.

·
Registered
92 Posts
that is simply awesome looking...id love to be behind the throttle of something like that one day...if thats leaving I can only wonder whats going in :yes:

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
That thing brings a tear to my eye too! :D

Where "east" is it going Mike?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I dont wanna sound like a dufus...but what kind of manifold/carb set up is that...ive never seen anything like it...is each carb feeding its own specific runners,,,are they 4 1,2,4 barrels I guess it reminda me of a weber three duece set up that took home a hilborn system and this is their love child :D

what I do know is that is downright sexy looking...WI is east-ish how bout a new destination...lol

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
I dont wanna sound like a dufus...but what kind of manifold/carb set up is that...ive never seen anything like it...is each carb feeding its own specific runners,,,are they 4 1,2,4 barrels I guess it reminda me of a weber three duece set up that took home a hilborn system and this is their love child :D

what I do know is that is downright sexy looking...WI is east-ish how bout a new destination...lol
Mike can correct me if I'm wrong but that's a sheetmetal fabbed intake with split dominators. I other words $$$$$$$$$$$! :D

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
tough to let go of something good ,,, i'd say that would still be a great engine in like a puller truck , or similar ,,, i like to look on racingjunk at engines for sale that are old ,, but most likely are still too much for most of us ,,,

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

It's a CFE sheetmetal intake with billet runners. They are CFM split Dominators. They actually saw a Holley Dominator in half and make two 2-barrels out of it. They are "split" & moved over the intake runners for better fuel distribution. There's a lot of "accessories" on there as well with 4 nitrous kits, blow-off panels, water injection, nitrous fuel regulators for each kit, etc.

The new owner is in New York and runs a Nova actually. :eek:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
They are CFM split Dominators. They actually saw a Holley Dominator in half and make two 2-barrels out of it.
2 barrell = better MPG !.. way to be "green", Mike !

also... that little engine is almost two 383 strokers

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
No, it's going to a guy near the NYC/Jersey area I think it is.
Yeah well there are some pretty bad a s s cars in that neck of the woods. :yes:

I guess there'll be one more now. :yes:

·
Premium Member
3,931 Posts
I know this sounds silly but I've been crating up the Fulton 762 to send it on it's way to a new home back East and am actually feeling like I'm saying goodbye to an old friend. I've never felt any kind of attachment to any car part before in my 50 years in this hobby. This has been a great engine and brought us many happy moments. Anyway, it's all freshened up & ready to send out in the next few days to make room for the new one to show up.

Mike,
Who you using to ship it?
Engine shipping.com worked out well for me- I had a motor shipped from another sns member last week.

That motor is a work of art!:yes:
It would be a main attraction at my house. :D

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Mike,
Who you using to ship it?
Engine shipping.com worked out well for me- I had a motor shipped from another sns member last week.

That motor is a work of art!:yes:
It would be a main attraction at my house. :D
I shipped FEDX 2nd day air freight...

I try to keep my stuff pretty tidy. It still looks pretty good after 6 years of being taken apart and put back together who knows how many times. They are never together long enough to collect any dirt or grease. :D

·
Premium Member
3,931 Posts
I shipped FEDX 2nd day air freight...

I try to keep my stuff pretty tidy. It still looks pretty good after 6 years of being taken apart and put back together who knows how many times. They are never together long enough to collect any dirt or grease. :D
Ty engine is cleaner than all of mine.
Id like to think new buyer will be happy- I'm sure you take very good care of your stuff.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts