Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
blue66deucex2 and I are at it again. Someone in Norway needed some B pillars, and I wanted steak for dinner so we had a little fun. I started stripping the dash last week, and we got caught up with the business. So it had a few more days in purgatory before we finally had time to cut out its jugular. It was a '63 100 series 2 door sedan, 6cylinder/powerglide. This car was parked in a barn in the early '70's, with 113k miles on the clock. I scored lots of good parts for my 2 door Sedan today. :devil::devil:

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,882 Posts
veeery interesting !

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I used to cringe seeing the Novas chopped up but man you guys can really work some magic with a sawzall. I do have to confess. When I cut the trunk pan out of my Nova I was amazed how fun it was and how fast it tore through it.:D

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
Lots easier to work that thing with a beer in your hand......

Ain't it ????

:devil::D:D:D:D:yes:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I keep an eye on all the Syndicate threads for a 66 moredoor since I need a weird chunk of sheetmetal only available from another moredoor.

I do hate seeing a car go but you guys do it for a good cause, keeping other Novas on the road. :yes:

Wish you guys were closer, it would be cool to tour that graveyard :yes:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I keep an eye on all the Syndicate threads for a 66 moredoor since I need a weird chunk of sheetmetal only available from another moredoor.

I do hate seeing a car go but you guys do it for a good cause, keeping other Novas on the road. :yes:

Wish you guys were closer, it would be cool to tour that graveyard :yes:
PM Sent.

edited

·
Registered
56 Posts
DesertDeuce, would you guys happen to have the side glass trim pieces from that sedan???? i am missing a couple pieces and need to find some

Brian

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
DesertDeuce, would you guys happen to have the side glass trim pieces from that sedan???? i am missing a couple pieces and need to find some

Brian
This brings up an interesting point that many people have commented on in private......

What purpose do these "I just cut these car(s) up boasts" serve? If they're a sneaky way of advertising new parts available to avoid the site rules, they're still a violation of site rules.

I'm curious what the motivation for these is? Deuce? What purpose do they serve that the classified ads forums don't already cover? :confused:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Hey guys can i get the cowl tag and vin info please :D

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
This brings up an interesting point that many people have commented on in private......

What purpose do these "I just cut these car(s) up boasts" serve? If they're a sneaky way of advertising new parts available to avoid the site rules, they're still a violation of site rules.

I'm curious what the motivation for these is? Deuce? What purpose do they serve that the classified ads forums don't already cover? :confused:
The same way you post pics of a cruise or a picnic is the same reason the syndicate post pics. To share with all of our family around the globe of what a good time we all had hanging out. :yes: I know I enjoy seeing pics of this, makes me wish I was hanging out, BSing and haveing a few brewskiz. Don't think anyways wants to violate any law/rules. :no:

-Justin

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Rex,
I think this would of more appropriately been said with a PM. Im not going to drag the rest of the forum through this one. I'm just going to leave it at that. Thanks for your understanding and professionalism.

PS: Im a little sad we didnt see you at the PIR Beaches show tonight, Blue66deuce and I drove all the way down from washington - I guess it was just too far of a drive for your car to make it.

Yours Truely,
DD

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Since I dont think it was reiterated by the moderators; please use PM's(private messages) if your looking for parts. This doesnt apply to just this thread but to all threads.

Sorry for the confusion everybody.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I like seeing the pictures. Partly to remind myself how I saved my moredoor from the saws and partly to see how these cars are put together. Kinda like watching a trainwreck :yes:

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
Rex,
I think this would of more appropriately been said with a PM. Im not going to drag the rest of the forum through this one. I'm just going to leave it at that. Thanks for your understanding and professionalism.

PS: Im a little sad we didnt see you at the PIR Beaches show tonight, Blue66deuce and I drove all the way down from washington - I guess it was just too far of a drive for your car to make it.

Yours Truely,
DD
I can see where a PM, in addition to publicly stating what I said, could be justified. Both are probably necessary in this situation.

I wasn't aware that anyone was going to PIR last night from here, but having just re-read the NW forum posts that I didn't pay close enough attention to the first time, I can see you snuck your plans in there. :D Sorry I missed ya. Let me know when you'll be back on a future Wednesday and I'll make it a point to show up and drive the pig again.......wait, registration expired, will fix that first. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wasn't aware that anyone was going to PIR last night from here, but having just re-read the NW forum posts that I didn't pay close enough attention to the first time, I can see you snuck your plans in there. :D Sorry I missed ya. Let me know when you'll be back on a future Wednesday and I'll make it a point to show up and drive the pig again.......wait, registration expired, will fix that first. :rolleyes:
You dont have to be invited to attend a car show. I will personally PM you next time we're headed down to PIR, Dale and I will even save you a parking spot next to us.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts