Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're just trying to become more efficient like General Motors. If the fire department can get someone out of an mangled SUV with one of these, than we can cut up a perfectly good Nova with one.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Oucchhh!!!:eek: I'm still waiting for Karma to come get you:devil: You should really switch to the other 2 (**rd's, Dodg*):yes:

·
Registered
211 Posts
The best picture is the one of the new saw cutting the sawzall:D Thats funny!

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
jeez! I bet your warping the crap out of that metal!!!:no:

·
0 Posts
Now you guys are just showing off.....

You guys just beat us to the saw:( We were going to do that to the last 1, but my connection didn't come through:mad:

You guys rule........... Did you get my gifts????

You guys need a bottle of champagne in these pics..

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
.....Hey you guys!

Now you guys are just showing off.....

You guys just beat us to the saw:( We were going to do that to the last 1, but my connection didn't come through:mad:

You guys rule........... Did you get my gifts????

You guys need a bottle of champagne in these pics..

"You guys" been drinking?

Thanks for the shirts!
Hey "You guys" coming to the BBQ?

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Hey DesertDeuce

Would you call that piece, that you just cut out "a Quarterquarter panel" ?

That sounds familar. MMM I am getting hungry.

Bryan

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
The best picture is the one of the new saw cutting the sawzall:D Thats funny!
Haaa.. From the bright orange color of that handle that was no sawzall. That was a piece of crap harbor freight saw.. They need to be cut up....

Oh, and I like the new addition the the syndicate. She should chop like you want. Ummm,, bet my plasma can come close to cut speed on the sheet metal. As fast as I can drag its slicing. But the frame rails need a nice lil tool like that zip saw :) JR

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haaa.. From the bright orange color of that handle that was no sawzall. That was a piece of crap harbor freight saw.. They need to be cut up....

Oh, and I like the new addition the the syndicate. She should chop like you want. Ummm,, bet my plasma can come close to cut speed on the sheet metal. As fast as I can drag its slicing. But the frame rails need a nice lil tool like that zip saw :) JR
We have a plasma cutter and we do use it, how ever when we're cutting a car up a plasma cutter isnt very well suited for multiple layers of metal that have gaps in between them. Nothing beats a "sawzall" for that. We use Rigid brand reciprocating saws, because they are pretty durable and home depot is only a few miles from here. They have an awesome return policy and we go through alot of saws yearly.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
If the fire department can get someone out of an mangled SUV with one of these, than we can cut up a perfectly good Nova with one.

Well sorry to let you know that when it comes to getting someone out of a wrecked car that circular (rescue saw) has been replaced by, you guessed it a sawzall but the rescue saw still gets more cool points.:D Many Fire Departments now carry 24V cordless DeWalts as well as a corded backup. My tool of choice will always be recip saw. Fast, percise, sets up fast, and almost always works.:yes:

·
Registered
443 Posts
We have a plasma cutter and we do use it, how ever when we're cutting a car up a plasma cutter isnt very well suited for multiple layers of metal that have gaps in between them. Nothing beats a "sawzall" for that. .

Phhht, maybe YOUR plasma. I just cut up the stock 67 clip to go in the scrap bin. You couldnt even keep up with a SZ.

Sawzalls are for sissies and home builders:D

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If the fire department can get someone out of an mangled SUV with one of these, than we can cut up a perfectly good Nova with one.

Well sorry to let you know that when it comes to getting someone out of a wrecked car that circular (rescue saw) has been replaced by, you guessed it a sawzall but the rescue saw still gets more cool points.:D Many Fire Departments now carry 24V cordless DeWalts as well as a corded backup. My tool of choice will always be recip saw. Fast, percise, sets up fast, and almost always works.:yes:
Yea, we just said that to add a little drama too the post.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Phhht, maybe YOUR plasma. I just cut up the stock 67 clip to go in the scrap bin. You couldnt even keep up with a SZ.

Sawzalls are for sissies and home builders:D
Try cutting the roof off of a 73-79 Nova and then tell me YOUR plasma cutter can do it. I bet it cant - without destroying everything and warping it. Besides we're usually making our cuts to someones specifications on what they need to repair their cars so precision and quality of cut is a big factor. Anyway if you want to challenge the Sawzall Syndicate you better post some pictures of your elite cutting skills...:eek:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have to admit, the pic of the new saw{we call them partner saws, thats one of the brand names}cutting the sawzall caught me by surprise. This was one of the few times I laughed out loud!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts