Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Batman made a comment about all the 66's and 67's being up north a couple weeks ago, we had perfect photo opportunity out in the shop this week so we took a few pictures. There's a few more out side and a another under the tarps inside. 1 66 SS v8 4 speed car "L79", 1 67 11837 red on red rust free car that will soon have an altered wheel base and a straight axle, 1 67 Factory v8 3 speed column shift hardtop, Another 66 11837, and the 66 2 door sedan 6cylinder automatic car. Theres also that 67 4 cylinder wagon outside thats waiting its turn too.:cool: I wont even mention the moredoors.

So yes, they are up here and the sawzall syndicate has a hold on them.

·
Banned
3,991 Posts
My apologies to the Syndicate

Hey folks,

I made some off-handed and perhaps inappropriate comments regarding the Sawzall folks. It's not an excuse, but I had a really bad Friday at work, and it spilled over into SNS.

I'm really sorry folks. The work situation appears to be resolved for the time being, so hopefully I will return to normal.....:eek:

Regards,
Tim

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
as mentioned in previous thread,these guys are providing a valuable service to the rest of us.afterall,where did you THINK all the used parts came from,huh....?:rolleyes::D the reality is that we all think EVERY nova is potential barnfind,but some must be donors for the others to remain healthy.not all cars can or should be repaired.i myself have bought parts from this vendor's associate(dale aka "novasrus") and been darn happy to have such a great selection available to choose from.in fact dale also sells whole cars and is currently looking for a specific car for me as i type this.
peace out sawzall dudes!!!
leftcoast carl.:)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tim,
Have a beer, and relax. Nothings worth the agony of a bad boss.

Carl,
We actually went and looked at a hardtop for you a week or two ago but it was so rusty even the sawzall syndicate wouldnt touch it. The guy was even going to throw in some replacement doors and fenders which were almost just as rusty as the ones it had on the car... :rotfl:

We actually do save cars, the hardtop without the doors is getting a complete paint job. Its a friend/customers car.(more friend than customer really)

The sedan was repaired and sold recently.

The other hardtop in the pictures got new quarters and lots of work done and its fate is unknown yet.

Someone drove home a 65 mordoor we were going to cut up, and a 74 moredoor. We also in the last couple weeks sent a running driving 67 4 door to a new home, and we sent a survivor 67 wagon down to California its getting reborn with a big block and th400 :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can't wait to see a build thread on the gasser, any idea of what axle setup you'll run?
We're not much for typing build threads so we're just going to take a ton of pictures.

I bought what i think is a early 50's chevy truck axle with passenger car brakes. regardless of what its from the width is perfect, and the spring pads are almost directly under the stock sub frame rails. Its also got a chevy 5 lug bolt patern. It was cheap too, 50 bucks and its in great shape.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ha, thats almost the same setup me and my dad are planning to adapt except its still a 6 lugger. Once I figure out a cheap solution to change it to the the 4 3/4" pattern it will move ahead.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Do you have to cut a Nova to get into the sawzall syndicate or does this count. Me and my dad are about to take TWO DeWalt sawzalls to a 1957 Bel Air:devil::devil: Save the ones you can, cut the rest.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Do you have to cut a Nova to get into the sawzall syndicate or does this count. Me and my dad are about to take TWO DeWalt sawzalls to a 1957 Bel Air:devil::devil: Save the ones you can, cut the rest.
1957 Bel Air YOUR IN but only if its a 2 door hard top :pics::pics::pics::pics:

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
...Keep on cutting. :yes: Most of these cars are POS anyway. There are a lot of people who can use/need those parts for their projects. There are a few second gen HTs and wagons I see down here that are good candidates for the plasma torch or reciprocating saw.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
No, it's a 4 door post car, but it is 100% matching numbers and complete. It even has it's original date coded plug wires, generator, and belts on it still. I'll post some pics when we get to it.:devil:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts