Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know a place to get a good deal on sandpaper for autobody work? 80, 150, 240 and 320? Some places want over a 1.50 a sheet anymore.
Thanks John

·
Vendor
1,310 Posts
Swap meets and occasionally eBay or Craigslist. Also, buy in bulk. Quality sand is unfortunately not cheap. Are you checking with body supply stores that sell a lot of it? They usually can price more competitive than your local hardware store.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Dura gold on Amazon is pretty darn good, not quite 3M red quality but it's a fraction of the cost. Check em out

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
426 Posts
Here's just a couple examples. This brand has been the best I've used outside of 3M red or green, but those are like 4 times the cost of these. Ive tried the sticky back longboard rolls for blocking, the hook and loop dustless discs for my vacuum sander and the sticky back 6 inch discs for DA, all of them work great, are consistent, rarely clog up and last a fair amount.

·
Vendor
1,310 Posts
When we had the body shop we also used Klingspor Abrasives for cost savings over 3M. I have never come across Dura Gold, but will definitely check it out based on the input here.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Here's a Canadian company to check out. I have not used this kind yet so I cant speak on performance, and I actually dont even know what it costs this was sent to me in place of a roll of duragold because my last order they were out of one of the kinds I ordered and they asked if this would be ok so I said sure. But it appears to be pretty decent quality

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone, I'll check out ebay and amazon. I have used the gold 80 grit disc on my orbital sander.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts