Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had their Nova out lately?
Took mine out today for a little cruise, always nice to make a little noise.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I bought it when I turned 16 with a 6 cylinder. Now I'm 20 and it has gone through 3 motor changes. It's now a 350 my dad and I built in our garage from the ground up with probably 425hp. We also just did a ford 9" upgrade and it now had 4 wheel disc brakes. I still take the car to college sometimes one or twice a week since I go to school close. Lovin it.

The grill and headlight bezels are now black but I don't have a picture of that yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
471 Posts
Not yet. I was hoping to get it there this year with the new rear but that never happened. Hopefully next year. I would like to see it run in the mid to low 12's with the setup on it.

I am building a small block blower motor for it. Hoping to have it done by next summer. Depending on money.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Blower motor would be nice, total sleeper with the rally wheels.
What kind of traction bars do you have - you'll be needing them for sure:D
I also wanted to get to the track this year, but my lack of a rollcage doesn't jive with track rules.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I actually got a set of Lakewood traction bars the guy threw in with the rear. I haven't put them on yet.

Needing a cage means you must have a pretty quick nova. What do you have?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its a 74 nova 385 c.i. Sm. Blk.
10 bolt rear w/ 4.56 gears,spool
Not nearly as nice as yours, but it runs mid 10's at over 126 mph
All motor

·
Registered
471 Posts
Impressive. I wish I could have a car that would run like that. I am more into the mechanics than the cosmetics of a car. I rather go fast than look good. That's why I had to buy a car with good body work and an ok paint job. So I can look good going fast. Haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts