Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 70 has new edelbrock shocks all the way around and new hotchkis leaf springs in the back with a 1.5" drop. (2" drop spindles in the front).

My question is this.. if I put much weight at all the the trunk, it really drops the level of the back end. One trip to costco and I'm scared to drive it! It did this with the original springs too.

I have no idea how I'll carry bodies in that huge trunk unless I figure this out... :devil:

So, anyone have a good solution for a saggy bottom?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had the same issue, I looked for an in-expensive way to get the header issue resolved. I bought a pair of summit ceramic coated block huggers that fit real good with my TCI clip. I now there is a performance issue, however, I expect to do some touring so performance is important, but driving around and enjoying the ride is equally important. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Carnut.

I didn't really follow what you were describing.

Did you find something that would help with the back of the car really dropping when much weight is put in the trunk?

·
Registered
2 Posts
thats an easy fix!

air shocks. inexpensive and easy install too, just bump up the pressure on your next trip to costco and you'll be good to go!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts