Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My new to me 1972 Nova SS left front and rear are sagging about 3/4". I had a 1968 Camaro that did the same thing. I replaced all the bushings,springs and shocks and It still leaned down on the left when all was done.

If I put in new springs etc, will this fix the sag? If I add a shackle in the left rear leaf springs 3/4" longer will it level the car? Is this a common problem on a unibody car? Who can help me with this? BTW I don't think this Nova has been in an accident.

Thanks, Matt

·
Registered
663 Posts
Well im not quite sure when the front and rear are both sagging. My old 71 did the same thing until i put after market 5 leaf, leaf springs on it with air adjustable shocks.

U could try putting the air adjustable shocks on the rear and see what it does. If anything u could run seperate air lines to each one and just make the sagging side have more air pressure thus raising the one side up. Also make sure nothing is bent, such and the shock mount on the bottom. I dought that is it but doesn't hurt to check everything.

As for the front i dont have many ideas on that, hopefully someone else has more info on the issue.

Rennskii

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
72SS Matt said:
Hi All,

My new to me 1972 Nova SS left front and rear are sagging about 3/4". I had a 1968 Camaro that did the same thing. I replaced all the bushings,springs and shocks and It still leaned down on the left when all was done.

If I put in new springs etc, will this fix the sag? If I add a shackle in the left rear leaf springs 3/4" longer will it level the car? Is this a common problem on a unibody car? Who can help me with this? BTW I don't think this Nova has been in an accident.

Thanks, Matt
if you replace the leaf springs, measure the total arch before installing and put the one w/ the biggest arch on the drivers side. typ. the spring will not be identically the same.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did the air adjustable shocks on my old camaro that I had. It would kind ov work but when I put more air in on the left side it would still lift the right side up.

As far as I can see nothing is bent on the SS.

sthole, that is a good idea about the spring, I have been thinking about the same thing.

I guess I'm gun shy after all the things I did to my camaro and none of it worked.

Matt

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
when you said you replaced the bushings did you also replace the body bushings while you were at it? If not that could be the source of your lean...just 2 cents worth:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
69NovaSS said:
when you said you replaced the bushings did you also replace the body bushings while you were at it? If not that could be the source of your lean...just 2 cents worth:)

Yes, I did do the body bushing but still was low on one side.:(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts