Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
14,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was in Vernon B.C. this week and found this sad 1969 Acadian sitting in a storage yard. It's not an SS, but a real nice car in it's day with optional bucket seats (which also included the Custom Interior package), optional console with gauges and black vinyl roof. The engine is a "307" with a console shifted 3 speed automatic The original steering wheel with the maple leaf in the center is still intact. I'm not sure the car is restorable as rust is everywhere. Every panel on the lower body is rusted through, some up to 18 inches from the bottom. The storage yard operator said it had been there for a couple of years and the owner was planning to restore it :rolleyes: He'd better hurry before there's nothing left but a pile of rust dust.
Bob

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Yeah, that's what they all say Bob,
I'm sure you've experienced the same thing.......see a car sitting on the side of a garage, or in a driveway that you inquire about. The response is "I'm going to restore that". Many years later the car is still sitting there, rotting away.

Hopefully that Acadian gets a second chance at life.

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
Was the interior patterens the same for the Acadian as the Nova? If not do they repop the correct patterens? Now mine isnt as anywhere near as rusty as that one but I am sure many people thought the same thing about mine over the years it was being stored...even had offeres on it but I always said i was going to restore it someday....well someday is finally here (YIPPY :) ) and its NOW in the midst of one....but most of them are not that fortunate and end up rusting to dust...its quite sad actually:( ...

·
14,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
69NovaSS said:
Was the interior patterens the same for the Acadian as the Nova? If not do they repop the correct patterens? Now mine isnt as anywhere near as rusty as that one but I am sure many people thought the same thing about mine over the years it was being stored...even had offeres on it but I always said i was going to restore it someday....well someday is finally here (YIPPY :) ) and its NOW in the midst of one....but most of them are not that fortunate and end up rusting to dust...its quite sad actually:( ...
As the years went on Acadians became more and more like Novas. The 69 Acadian bucket seats appear to be the same as Novas as do the fabric bench seats. I don't know if the door panels are the same pattern, but there was an Acadian emblem on the doors of the car in the photo. The Acadian guys can probably give a more accurate answer on upholstery.
Incidentally, there were 2 other neglected cars in that storage yard that caught my attention. One was a 66 (?) Corvair 2 door hardtop and the other a 1974 Plymouth Barracuda. Both these cars were in better condition than the Acadian, especially the Barracuda which I believe was the last year. This car had the 360 engine which replaced the 340 that year. I don't think they sold many Barracudas in 1974.
Bob

·
Registered
121 Posts
Maybe he's trying for the "Rotting Car of the Month Award" from the Cars in Barns web site!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts