Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so those of you that have PM'd its obvious a lot of you are interested in happenings a little more north than the bay area. (no offense bay area brothers) SO, who's nearby and what have we got going on. I know up here in the Marysville area there is a cruise in every Saturday at an IHOP and a little south near Vallejo is one at a Safeway every Friday that Im going to ck out tonight. There are a few more up here and actually a LOT of hot rods from model T's to Bel Airs, Mustangs (of course) and everything in between.
Sac area ROLL CALL.....................

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Hey now I would be interested in going. Don't just limit this to Sac area folks. Name the place and I'm sure some of us would show up from other places.

-Justin

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well thats awesome

Thanks Justin, Ive just read a lot of guys up here asking for whos around but never hear of them heading that way for stuff. Lets get it together before its too hot.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I agree. The main problem is anything that is posted as Norcal automatically means Bay Area. For me that is at least a 2 hour drive, which means planning and a bunch of lead time.

We need to come up with a nicname for the Sac and less than 1 hour drive. Yuba city to the north and Stockton to the south. Maybe Vacaville to the west.

If I actually had a car to drive I would be all for getting together. I know there are tons of Nova owners in the area. But we need to find some local stuff and then invite the Bay Area guys to drive for a change :)

·
Premium Member
1,745 Posts
i wouldnt mind heading to sac for a bbq or something, but an hour and a half drive to go to a donut shop probably is not in my future. so what ever you guys up there want to do, plan it out, post it up and see who shows up. the first donut run down here was 2 novas and 5 people. if you all want to go to that vallejo cruise-in im sure a few of the bay area guys would show up:yes:

·
Registered
259 Posts
I live in Folsom and there are couple pretty good low-key shows in the area. Every Wednesday the cappuccino cruisers, an "un-official" car club, has a cruise-in at the Red Robin in Folsom. Here is their website:

http://www.anjova.com/capcruz/home.html

There is also a good monthly show in Auburn on one of the main streets (I forget the name).

Both are fun and there are some nice cars at both.

Ryan

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I agree. The main problem is anything that is posted as Norcal automatically means Bay Area. For me that is at least a 2 hour drive, which means planning and a bunch of lead time.

We need to come up with a nicname for the Sac and less than 1 hour drive. Yuba city to the north and Stockton to the south. Maybe Vacaville to the west.

If I actually had a car to drive I would be all for getting together. I know there are tons of Nova owners in the area. But we need to find some local stuff and then invite the Bay Area guys to drive for a change :)
GSN was based in the BAY AREA, NorCal means just that:yes:
We originally thought of calling the group "West Coast Novas", but narrowed it down to Nor Cal. From what I've seen, owners are driving from Turlock, Tracy, Vacaville,etc.
There are so many car events now, and family to consider, it's hard to find time for everything:turn:
Like the man said, set a date and see who shows up:prost:

·
0 Posts
GSN was based in the BAY AREA, NorCal means just that:yes:
We originally thought of calling the group "West Coast Novas", but narrowed it down to Nor Cal. From what I've seen, owners are driving from Turlock, Tracy, Vacaville,etc.
There are so many car events now, and family to consider, it's hard to find time for everything:turn:
Like the man said, set a date and see who shows up:prost:
What he said:D

·
Registered
268 Posts
I think there's a big enough contingent of owners in Sac to start a group, its definely overdue. The Gapers definetly got there own thing going on in the Bay, so lets stat it up in Sactown. Maybe get on Meetup.com too.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
sactown gatherings

There is alot that goes on up in the foothills. The Auburn cruise night is the 2nd Fri. of the month starting in may. Its a really nice show, 2oo+ cars. Near the Big Bridge, and the american river canyon. Close to Cool, and Grass Valley, worth the trip. This weekend is the Newcastle Golden Spike Lions club Hotrod & Custom Get Together in downtown newcastle. 1964 and older cars and trucks... call Al Blaca for info 916-663-2179 fun little show...May 3
I am up for local get togethers, and i also know alot of nova owners in the area that would probably show up for a cruze, or what ever. John

·
0 Posts
I think there's a big enough contingent of owners in Sac to start a group, its definely overdue. The Gapers definetly got there own thing going on in the Bay, so lets stat it up in Sactown. Maybe get on Meetup.com too.
You guys should get together out there in Sacremento. Then we won't have to listen to you whine :rolleyes:

Gaper:
A Tourist, particularly one who stops and stares at somthing while being completely oblivious to what's going on around them.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No reason for calling it anything

other than some Nova dudes geographically challenged trying to localize. the foothills, Cool in particular, and that area I was thinking of for a cruise since there are such nice roads and places to stop off.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
hey guys,
a few of the weekly local car show. i think they start within the next month
all of these show have a great turn out
red robin in folsom -strikes bowling alley in rocklin and tuesday night market in roseville. i'll try to find the dates they start and post them.
it would be to meet up with some other nova guys..
my ride should be done within a week or two

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
You guys should get together out there in Sacremento. Then we won't have to listen to you whine :rolleyes:

Gaper:
A Tourist, particularly one who stops and stares at somthing while being completely oblivious to what's going on around them.
JK :D Its a Tahoe thing:stir:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Downtown Tuesday night starts May 5th 5-8pm.
Strawberry Festival in Rsvl, is Sat & Sun the 8th & 9th
Srtrikes inRocklin Starts the second week in May and its every WEdnesday5-9 I literally live two miles away from strikes and have never taken my car, anyone been?
Folsom has a cruise tomorrow night !
SOme good links to shows here: http://www.american-icons.com/CAR_CRUISES_American-Icons..php

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Sacramento Swing Time

Sunday May 24th, 1 to 9pm, at the California Automobile Museum(formerly the TOWE) 2200 Front Street, Sacto.
Free VIP parking with entry of Pre 1965 Autos.
Looks like a good time!:yes::prost:
Greg

http://www.myspace.com/sacramentoswingtime

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
cool meanchevy, i was going to post the dates today
looking forward to meeting up with you guys over the next few weeks
i'll get my azz in gear and finsh my ride
-mike

1 - 19 of 19 Posts